My new Site

A foreign income isn`t automatically taxed by the HMRC, so you`ll likely have to report it on your self-assessment tax return form. However, there are exceptions to the need to disclose foreign income. For example, the amount of your dividends is £2000 or more, then only you may have to declare them as foreign income. But that`s all dividends, not just foreign dividends. That implies you must declare any dividends above £2000 from both UK and foreign companies. If you rent out properties in other countries, this does constitute foreign income, and you should ensure that you declare it on your self-assessment tax return. Property rental income tax is the same as it is in the UK.

Comments Who Voted Related Links